Copying Course Content to a New Course
Copying Canvas Course Content to a New Course
Canvas will allow you to copy course setups from one semester to another so that you do not need to recreate your courses from scratch every year. Once you have a course set up how you want it, you can simply copy it to future courses and then make any adjustments you may need to.
Here is how you do this in Canvas.
- Go into the course into which you want to copy course material.
- Click on Settings at the bottom-left of the page.
- On the right of the Settings page, click on Import Course Content.
- From the drop-down menu, select Copy a Canvas Course.
- Type in the course name that holds your content you wish to use and then select the course in the list of courses that show up.
- Check the checkbox for Select Specific Content.
- Check the “Adjust events and due dates” checkbox.
- We highly recommend you select Remove Dates to avoid having incorrect due dates.
- Click on Import.
Once the import completes, your course should look exactly like your old course, but with no due dates set up.