These have come up from past experience, so please pay attention to them to avoid errors in the grade sync.
- You no longer need to set up grade calc options in IC. There is no need to set up anything in IC for grade sync to work.
- Right now, only Star Valley High School and Swift Creek High School are syncing all their grades to IC. If you are at another school and want your grades to sync, email or call the IT Dept.
- Grade syncing does not work with standards-based grades.
- Assignments will only sync over to IC if they are in an assignment group that has a weight greater than zero. If you don’t want to sync an assignment, move it to an unweighted assignment group. This is the only way to make sure that an assignment does not affect the grades in both IC and Canvas.
- Muting an assignment does not actually change the grades for a student – it only adjusts what you and they see. The actual grade still includes the muted assignment. Muting an assignment is meant to be used by teachers to see how removing an assignment from being graded would affect grades.
- Do not use assignments for handouts that do not have grades. Only items that you want to show up in the grade book should be assigned as assignments. For other documents, share them on pages.
- All assignments counting toward the final grade must be published.
- In order to check to see if this is working, go to the grade book in Infinite Campus and look at the individual assignment grades there. If the final grade matches what is in Canvas, it is working. Do not check their final grades outside of the grade book. This is filled in by our import so that eligibility reports will be accurate. If you go into the grade book, the final grade is calculated from the grades in the grade book and will differ from that in Canvas if an assignment didn’t sync correctly.